Ten Books I Recently Added to My To-Be-Read List Are...

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!
This week's topic:
Ten Books I Recently Added to My To-Be-Read List!

I think this week's topic is so much fun!

I've discovered a lot of new authors recently that I'll now share with you.

WARNING: Some of these books won't be out for A WHILE.
Sorry about that!

But...others are already out? ^^;;;

[You can see a full list of all --eep-- 954 books on my TBR here!
I have titles listed through 2019 atm!]

Also, there are a few sequels to well-hyped titles that I just added to my TBR, but I won't promote them now. I want to promote some stuff you've probably never heard of!


In order of most recent...

1) A THOUSAND NIGHTS by E.K. Johnston

Out October 6, 2015
From Disney-Hyperion!
The other day, somebody on Facebook or Twitter said something about how this book's summary is very reminiscent of  THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh, which is a highly-buzzed about book coming out in May. Both books are inspired by  A Thousand and One Nights (Arabian Nights), so I want to read them both!
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24337.Ella_Enchanted

2) Four Books by Shereen Vedam: DEVILISH SLUMBER, A SCORCHING DILEMMA, A PERFECT CURSE, A BEASTLY SCANDAL
A DEVILISH SLUMBER and A BEASTLY SCANDAL out now
A PERFECT CURSE out April 2015
and
A SCORCHING DILEMMA out June 2015
From  Imajinn Books/Belle Books

Shereen Vedam posted about her new release, A DEVILISH SLUMBER. It's the first in a new trilogy about historial novels inspired by fairy tales. She also wrote another fairy tale historical called A BEASTLY SCANDAL. I'm intrigued!!! I want to do something with this author for Fairy Tale Fortnight...um, which starts THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW. Eeep!!! It's my favorite event of the year! ❤ ❤ ❤
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14358.A_Ring_of_Endless_Light

3) THE UGLY STEPSISTER by Aya Ling

Out June 12, 2015

I didn't know about THE UGLY STEPSISTER by Aya Ling until we started putting together this year's Fairy Tale Fortnight event. (Look for more on this title/author in  April!) But now that I know about it? I REALLY WANT TO READ IT!!!
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/703292.The_Witch_of_Blackbird_Pond

4) WRITTEN IN THE STARS by Aisha Saeed
Out Now
From Nancy Paulsen Books

This one was all over social media last week when the book came out. The cover caught my eye first. It looked like it was yet another Arabian Nights retelling, for one thing. For another, "Written in the Stars" is a song I love from a Broadway musical called Aida about star-crossed lovers in Egypt. Sooo I looked up some info and the book sounds pretty interesting. I'd like to read this!

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43814-the-chronicles-of-narnia-chronological-order

5) STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige

Out 2016 TBA
From Bloomsbury Children's

I enjoyed Danielle Paige's debut novel DOROTHY MUST DIE last year, and think she's fun to talk to on Twitter. I think she's too talented to have gotten involved with Full Fathom Five, though, and hope this isn't another collaboration! I want Danielle to get more money for her ideas and words, and I'm hoping she does with STEALING SNOW. This one won't be out until sometime in 2016, buuuut it's based on The Snow Queen, so I automatically want it!
https://www.goodreads.com/series/44427-his-dark-materials

6) LEGACY OF KINGS by Eleanor Herman


Out August 25, 2015
From Harlequin Teen

Another blogger had read and enjoyed this one, so I was like, "What book is this!? Jaime, you know you're supposed to tell me whenever you discover a new great fantasy, right!?" *ahem*
This is the first in Blood of Gods and Royals, a new YA series that covers the historical details of Alexander the Great in a fantasy setting. Yes, please!!!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3636.The_Giver

7) THE SHATTERED COURT by M.J. Scott

Out April 28, 2015
From Roc // Penguin-Random House
I don't remember exactly how I heard about this one. I may have seen it in a catalog or a Goodreads ad? What matters is that I heard about it, right? ^.~ This sounds like an awesome new fantasy series. It's about Lady Sophia Kendall, and whether she'll be blessed (or cursed!) with the gift of magic. She's 32nd in line to the Crown, and when she is forced to flee the Court, she's protected by a swoonworthy member of the royal guard. So many things sound good about this one!!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess

8) INK AND ASHES by Valynne E. Maetani


Out June 1, 2015
From Tu Books // Lee and Low

I can't even guess at how I heard about this one! ^^;;; Buuuut I did. Having lived in Japan for two years, I love books that incorporate the country. This one is about a girl named Claire Takata who finds out that the father she's never known was a member of the Yakuza (The Japanese mafia). I'm intrigued!!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3636.The_Giver

9) I AM PRINCESS X by Cherie Priest

Out May 26, 2015
From Arthur A. Levine Books

I'm sort of cheating right now. I'm going down the list on Goodreads with the newest Marked-TBR title and backwards. Soooo this should be #1. I discovered it WHILE WRITING THIS POST. But....um....I discovered it while writing this post. Which means that I'm too lazy to go back and change all my HTML and re-color-coordinate and all that lovely stuff.

When I pulled up information about #8, INK AND ASHES, on Goodreads, the little recommendation box on the right featured this book. I was like, "What is this?? CLICK."

And...this book sounds AMAZING.

It's about a two best friends who created a comic about a princess. One of the girls died in a horrible car accident, and the other friend never picked up the story again. But NOW, years later, the living friend starts seeing Princess X stickers all over the place, and there's even an online comic. Could her friend be alive, or is something else going on? 

SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT!?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess

10) THE ACCIDENT SEASON by Moïra Fowley Doyle

Out August 18, 2015
From Kathy Dawson Books // Penguin-Random House

I discovered this one when the cover was revealed online through social media and it sounds really disturbing and awesome. For one thing, look at the blurb: 

Accidents Happen. 
Our bones shatter, our skin splits, our hearts break. 
We burn, we drown, we stay alive. 

It's about a girl whose family becomes accident-prone every October. Some years are worse than others...and this year may be worse than most. This book is also being blurbed for fans of WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart, one of 2014's literary darlings. I want to know what has cursed this poor family and if it can be undone!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess 

What books have you recently marked TBR?
...Hopefully some of these!!!
 ^_^
 

Comments