Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!
This week's topic:
Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

OKAY. I am NOT going to cheat. I will NOT mention books that aren't out yet. Only books that are out and available to buy will be included! ^_^

...And, it's REALLY too bad that I just bought the Cinda Williams Chima Seven Realms boxset this summer, because I've wanted it forever and only just bought it!



In no particular order...

1) CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein

This is one that I've wanted to read for a long, long time. I've heard the most amazing things about it! Buuuut, I don't own it. Mostly because I don't own a lot of contemporary, especially historical contemporary. But I really want to read this one. Well, when I'm in the mood to ugly cry...!
 

2) THE ROOK by Daniel O'Malley

Back when this first came out, a co-worker and I were going to read it together, but we never got our reading schedules to line up, and then...it never happened. I keep waiting for this one to go on sale on my nook so I can finally buy it and read it, but it's been holding steady at $9.99!


3) THE FALSE PRINCE by Jennifer A. Nielsen


This one sounded so good when I first heard about it. I even managed to snag a copy from the library a week or two after it came out! But...I didn't have time to read it. Before I knew it, the sequel was coming out and, well, might as well wait for all three books in the trilogy to be out at this point, right? (Which they either ARE or they're about to be!) Time for a rematch?
 

4) THE HUNDRED THOUSAND KINGDOMS by N.K. Jemisin

This cover and this title are what first caught my eye when it came to this series. KINGDOMS? And AWESOME COVER! I've heard really great things about this series, too, and know that Jemisin has become a fantasy favorite. Sometime I'll be able to pick this one up and read it!



5) THE HERO ALWAYS WINS by Robert Eaton



This cover is so eye-catching! It looks so tragic, yet so amazing. Does the hero honestly always win? That reflection in the water says otherwise. I've wanted to get my hands on this one since the first publicity campaign!


6) THE NIGHT ITSELF (UK Title)/THE NAME OF THE BLADE (US Title) by Zoë Marriott 


I adore all of Zoë's books. Adore. When I heard about the new trilogy she'd sold, which combined fantasy, Japan, and kitsune fox spirits, I knew I had to have it. Usually, I import her books immediately from the UK via Book Depository (free s/h and reasonable prices FTW!) I wasn't completely sold on the cover, though, so I decided to wait and see what the US cover would look like. And THEN the UK cover got a redesign this past summer...and the first book is ONLY coming out in the US in November. I really can't wait a full three more years to read this. Buuuut I really want to support the US and help Zoë do well here. THIS DECISION IS SO HARD!!!


7) DANCING ON KNIVES by Kate Forsyth



This was my Waiting on Wednesday post recently, so you already know how badly I want to read this one! It just, y'know, needs to come to the US. I can't import Australian books the way I can ones from the UK. I wish Book Depository imported them, but they don't. ;_; My biggest hope is that her US debut of BITTER GREENS this fall will do really well and Macmillan will bring this one to the US for us to read as well!


8) CAPTIVATE by Vanessa Garden


Yet ANOTHER Australian release I can't get my hands on. MERMAIDS, PEOPLE. MERMAIDS!!! Gahh, gimme, gimme! Please, Book Depository!? It's being released by Harlequin Teen Australia, so my only hope is that maybe--just MAYBE--Harlequin Teen USA will make a deal and release it as well!
 

9) THE SNOW CHILD by Eowyn Ivey


Fairy tales mixed into original storytelling. Of course I want this! My co-worker loaned me her copy last year for Fairy Tale Fortnight BUT I didn't have time to read it! I've heard really good things about this one and it's won a bunch of awards and gotten a lot of attention. Someday, I WILL read this!!!


10) MASQUERADE by Kylie Fornasier


That cover is a STUNNER. And, yet again, the book is only distributed in Australia. I'd love it if Penguin US picked it up from Penguin Australia! (I also REALLY need to stop looking at all the shiny review books listed on Netgalley because I always want the Australian ones these days...and I can't HAVE them! *cries*)



What books are you looking forward to reading this Spring? ^_^

Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH. I read CODE NAME VERITY earlier this month and that needs to be your top priority. Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug! Why did you put so many Aussie books on here that are hard to get a hold of? They do look good!
    Thanks for stopping by! I was actually looking at your list when you posted.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. False Prince is one of my favorite trilogies(and yes the third is out)! I'm so happy you got the Seven Realms box set because I feel like not enough people know of the awesomeness that is Cinda Williams Chima! =)

    Nobody @ The Story Goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Code Name Verity is just amazing! And so is The Rook! Actually, it's sequel comes out soon so I wouldn't be surprised if The Rook went on sale right before it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rook and The False Prince have been on my TBR list for ages. I didn't know The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, but it looks pretty good!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Code Name Verity is a fantastic book! I also want to read The False Prince and Masquerade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! CODE NAME VERITY: yes, YES, yessssssssssss. Read it! *grin* I too need to pick up THE SNOW CHILD... I was interested when it came out, but other books joined the reading queue before I got around to adding it.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had The Snow Child for ages and still haven't gotten around to reading it. And I loved the purple cover to the Zoe Mariott book when I first saw it. I would prefer that cover over the others. I'll probably wait til it comes out in the US though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Code Name Verity *almost* made my list! It is definitely one that I need to read soon, I have heard such amazing things! (Also, it was SO hard not to cheat and name a bunch of books being released soon, right!?)

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!