Movie Adaptation of BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl finally commences!

For those of you anxiously awaiting the news since movie options were picked up for BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl back in 2009, your wait is over.  The movie has kicked up into high gear and will begin filming this April in New Orleans.  The news broke today from Entertainment Weekly.  Expect more information to start seeping out over the next two months as casting information is released.  So far only award-winning actress Viola Davis has been confirmed.




[And in the interest of full-disclosure?  I have yet to read BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, though I did pick up a copy at a library sale last year.  I should get on this soon, yes?]

Comments

  1. Just saw this on EW! I can't believe Viola Davis is confirmed. She's a great actress! I haven't read the book yet either. It's been sitting on my shelf for a while. But here's a great excuse to pick it up :)

    Krista - Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really exciting! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the series but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet either. And since I took the "ReadIt1st" pledge, I guess I'd better get a move on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!