Happy Book Day to THE RIVALS, SIREN'S DESIRE, and HEAVEN!



(This will be one of only two scheduled non-Cinderella-themed blog posts this week!)

What new releases are you most excited about this week? For me...


Happy Book Birthday to three amazing books this week:



THE RIVALS by Daisy Whitney

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this one and I LOVED the book.  I can't wait for my finished copy to arrive in the mail this week.

Daisy Whitney is such a strong new voice in YA contemporary fiction and it devastates me that so many people have overlooked her.  THE MOCKINGBIRDS was one of my favorite books of 2010 (my review).

You don't need to read THE MOCKINGBIRDS to read THE RIVALS, but it will explain a lot of things that are brushed over in the new book!


SIREN'S DESIRE by Devyn Quinn

So...I've never read this series, though I was given the first two books.  I have them on my mermaid shelf to read this year for my Splash into Summer event.

But...seriously, the books are about MERMAIDS.  And the summary of Quinn's third book sounds like it's about merMEN.

So...I should check this out, yes? 


HEAVEN by Christoph Marzi

I've wanted to read this one since seeing its beautiful cover and hearing the synopsis.  It didn't matter that this book was being released in the UK and might never come to the USA.  Thanks to Book Depository with their great prices and free world-wide shipping, I can have my cake and eat it, too!  Normally, it takes a while for the book to arrive, but this Feb. 2nd release must have shipped early, because I received my copy in late January!

I, for one, can't wait to dive in! I'm so glad this one was translated into English from its original German!



Did I miss something amazing that I must know about?  Let me know!

Comments

  1. oh MAN! let us know how HEAVEN is, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do!! I'm so excited to read it! (But atm, it's not "fantasy-enough" for my reading taste buds!!)

      Delete
  2. oooh Siren's Desire. How did I miss that one? I love the idea of a mermaid shelf. I will be making plans to reorganize my shelves pronto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the other two by her? Are they any good? I need to take a picture of my mermaid shelf! I'm so weird...I also have fairy tale shelves and a mythology shelf, a fantasy shelf, a Tamora Pierce/Terry Goodkind shelf, a Meg Cabot shelf, a Jodi Picoult shelf, a chick lit shelf, a "serious book" shelf... *coughs*

      Yes, this is how OCD I am...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!