TEASER TUESDAYS: ALL THESE THINGS I'VE DONE by Gabrielle Zevin




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

To participate:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




W h a t I ' m R e a d i n g :


Happy book birthday to ALL THESE THINGS I'VE DONE by Gabrielle Zevin! I've been wanting to read this once since it sold in 2010. And the cover is gorgeous, has a unique feel, AND there's a little surprise waiting for you on the interior cover upon unwrapping the dust jacket! ^_^





ALL THESE THINGS I'VE DONE by Gabrielle Zevin

“‘The cops came to my school today. Someone poisoned my ex-boyfriend, and they think I did it.’”


(~pg. 103 [Hardcover First Edition])

Goodreads Summary here.






Remember when I said there was a special surprise waiting beneath the jacket of this one? Well, the novel takes place in 2083, when chocolate and coffee are considered illegal substances. The main character is Anya Balanchine, a teenager whose family produces chocolate. Her favorite was always Balancine Special Dark, and when you unwrap the book, it looks like a bar of Anya's favorite chocolate!


(Photo taken by Gabrielle Zevin, found here)

How awesome is that?


I'm also reading...


This one is schedule to come out next week, September 13th. I'm only 88 pages in so far, but already captivated! I also love the unusual use of present tense combined with a couple of short preliminary passages that use second person. I can't wait to dive back in!







THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern

“‘I understand your confidence in her ability, though I encourage you to at least consider the possibility that she could be lost, should the competition not play out in her favor. I will find a player to truly challenge her. Otherwise there is no reason for me to agree to participate. Her victory cannot be guaranteed.’”


(~pg. 17 [First ARC Edition (I think 1st, since there's no cover art...)])

Goodreads Summary here.

Comments

  1. All These Things I've Done is definitely on my TBR list. It looks like such an awesome book. Great teaser, and I hope you're enjoying it!

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!!!!!!!!!! Chocolate can never become illegal - please no!!!!!!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will be on the look out for All These Things I've Done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All These Things I've Done is on my to-read list - I'm looking forward to it! What a great teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers. Cannot wait to read The Night Circus.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, chocolate can NEVER be illegal!!!

    Great teasers:) My Teaser Tuesday is from Divergent by Veronica Roth. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a neat surprise! And I love the teaser; I'm dying to read this one myself! My teaser can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh! they both sound good! but that chocolate bar cover is so very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!