OTSP Secret Sister Sheet!

I backdated this to the early days of when my blog began because I doubt anyone will be rooting around this far back. Only you will see this, OTSP Secret Sister! (I just tagged this OTSP if going to my tags will make this page easier to come back to for you!!!)

I can't wait to meet you and interact with you!

SIGN-UP QUESTIONNAIRE

Name: Bonnie Wagner
Mailing Address:

See form!
Is the above address a residence/PO Box/Condo/place of employment: House
Email Address: abackwardsstory@gmail.com
Twitter Name: @abackwardsstory
Did you participate in one of the prior rounds of the Secret Sister Project? If yes, which round? This past round!
If yes, please provide us with the names of your former sisters (those you gave to, and received from – it is okay if you don’t yet know who is sending to you this round): I sent to Jana at @artsyreadergirl this past round, and received from @verilyfranklin!
How much are you willing to contribute to the project monthly? Choose one (NOTE: this is just a range, you can of course go over the limit but please keep the pen pal aspect in mind, and please remember that is about cheer and not just gifts.) REMINDER: International participants are to fill out THIS google form only, do not fill out one provided below.
  • $25+ (The sky’s the limit here, we just ask that you remember to reign it in a bit and remember the goal of this project is for cheer, and joy and forging positive relationships, not excessive gifts. Send those heartfelt letters!!) *IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE $25+ TIER THEN CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR GOOGLE FORM
Your OTSPSecretSister “buddy’s” Twitter or email: Kelly at bookcrushin@gmail.com (Twitter @bookcrushin) She's a blogger, and she's also in my local book club, so she can get questions to me easily if she doesn't already know the answer! 
Goodreads Profile (*so that they can access your wishlists! Make sure to turn off the privacy setting & try and keep it updated!): https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4663521-bonnie-a-backwards-story

But...that's just my Goodreads in general--though it will tell you a lot about my interests! I'm not so organized as to mark it by what I own/don't own/etc.
Goodreads/Amazon bookish wishlist: I'm going to post it here: 
Because I don't really like Amazon and I don't know how to make a Goodreads List that only one person can see, especially if it's blind! Let me know if this isn't okay!


And I'll try to update with new items throughout the next six months to keep it fresh!

  • RISE OF FIRE by Sophie Jordan (hardcover)
  • BRIGHT SMOKE, COLD FIRE by Rosamund Hodge (hardcover)
  • STRANGE THE DREAMER by Laini Taylor  (hardcover)
  • MARKED by Jenny Martin (hardcover)
  • FANFARE by Renee Ahdieh (I just found out this existed!! I had no clue!! I'd love an ebook of this, since it's easier to find than an OOP physical copy!!)
  • TRINITY: THE FALSE PRINCE by Sophie Masson (nook book)
  • TIGER'S QUEST by Colleen Houck (I just picked up 1, 3, and 4 on clearance in paperback, but they didn't have a paperback of #2!!!)
  • DANCING ON KNIVES by Kate Forsyth (This is a book that's likely too hard to find and just a pipedream. It's Australian. I got her previous books when they imported to the UK/Canada, but I haven't seen this one import yet, and it's the one I want most, grr!!)
  • DAWN STUDY by Maria Snyder (US trade PB)
  • KING'S CAGE by Victoria Aveyard (hardcover)
  • THE LIBRARY OF FATES by Aditi Khorana (hardcover)
  • THE DARK DAYS CLUB by Alison Goodman (paperback)
  •  SHADES OF EARTH by Beth Revis (hardcover)
  • THE SHADOW HOUR by Melissa Grey (hardcover)
  • THE SAVAGE DAWN by Melissa Grey (hardcover)
  • UNGODLY by Kendare Blake (hardcover)
  • I  recently discovered Sherwood Smith (Crown's Duel duology) and Sharon Shinn (Elemental Blessings series), and would love to read more books by both authors if you have anything to recommend! I've heard they both have some truly amazing books that people love, but haven't sat down to make a list of titles yet!

Um, this is my Nook Book Wishlist. I've been checking to see if these ever go on sale because I've bought other books in these series on sale. I'm slowly whittling it down! I do try to remember to update this list when I find a sale! It's mostly contemporary titles b/c I don't really buy a lot of physical copies of those, lol!

If a book isn't on my TBR but you think I'd love it, feel free to introduce it to me! I also don't own ALL the books on my TBR. Kelly can help you if you have some questions about that!!

“Other” wishlist: (*Keep these within reason for prices, etc! Please do not include pricey things, this is more for places like Etsy or for cheap DVDs on Amazon, and so on!)

I had wanted this this fun decal last year for my brand-new, first ever Mac (13"), but didn't get it for my birthday. So I put it on my OTSP list. And I didn't ask for it for Christmas when my mom asked if I till wanted it because my OTSP asked my Buddy for my laptop information within the first month, and I thought she might send it. But this year, I'm going to ask for it for my birthday in July, so if you do pick this as an item, please send it before the July box! ^.~!

Important Dates to Remember (*This can be anything and everything! Your birthday, the day you are expecting your baby, the day you are leaving for your next vacation, your anniversary with your partner, a big test you have coming up, the first day at your new job, the anniversary of the day you quit smoking, even a sad anniversary that you would like to be cheered up on!):

*I'm going to NYC for a weekend March 25-26 for the Teen Author Festival and to see a couple of Broadway shows. (Definitely Dear Evan Hansen. Then, likely either The Great Comet or, if it's open yet, possibly Amelie!

*May 30th or 31st (not sure yet) until June 4th, I'm going to be in NYC for the Book Expo! And I'll be seeing Anastasia on Broadway!!! (And possibly whichever show I don't see in March!). So if you tend to send packages toward the end of the month, you may want to send it a little early this month, or I won't receive it until after June 4th! I'm sorry!!

*July 26: My birthday!! ^_^
Your favorite items under $5: (things like stationary, nail polish, fav candy etc.)

Oh, some cute stationary to write to my OTP Secret Sister might be fun!!

My favorite candy is Take 5 and Reese's, especially the special king size holiday-shaped ones with the extra peanut butter, like the trees and hearts and eggs!

Hmm, nail polish that is under $5? I've recently fallen for the Jessie's Girl polishes they sell at Rite-Aid because they last forever! I have two of the textures (Blue and orange ones) and a few of their metallics, and they last forever!

I really love cute hair barrettes that hold up well. I've gotten a lot of them at cheap costume jewelry places I pass in NYC and they always break easily. I also pick up the pretty ones when they get something new at Rite-Aid/CVS/Walgeens/etc., but that isn't super frequent.

I also like pretty claws, but the springs break easily, too. I think my dad has both my favorites right now to fix, grr...

My hair is really thick and pretty long, so the clasp can't be shallow, like the kid-size ones, but the longer style. My hair also doesn't stay put in whispy things like barrettes or hairpins!

Here are a few! My gold one just broke, as you can see! ;_;



I love finding out about new, limited edition flavors of Eos and Soft Lips Cubes, but have most of the core line flavors/scents. I'm not a huge fan of the knock-off brands like Revo because they feel waxy, not moisturizing, but I'm always willing to try something new and interesting that hydrates and smells good and isn't super glossy/messy. I just discovered Disney Lip Smacker Balls and can't wait to try them out! I also just bought two by Blistex that I need to try out...but I took this picture before I found them!!



Ohh, and I'm not sure of the price because I received it as a gift with purchase at Ulta once, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to Ulta, I look for this OPI retractable file. It's my favorite, and I want a second one to leave at work!!!



Also, even though they're cheap, I actually DON'T really like blind boxes. I always think the faces look strange. The only blind box/bag things I've EVER enjoyed and collected have been Disney Princess Keychains. Hot Topic just came out with Wave 7, and so far, I only have Mulan!!! I really want a lot of these keychains (Especially Cinderella with the broom and Rapunzel!!!) My Hot Topic is always sold out of them, though! So if you are looking for cheap blind bag-ish things, I like this line:

**I'm only looking for this wave, really! I love them all, but especially
Rapunzel, Cinderella, Ariel,...!
Here's most of what I have....Mulan and Elsa somehow escaped the photograph!!!


Food Allergies: Coconut!
Fandoms: Ummm. I used to read a lot of Sailor Moon and Zutara fanfic, but haven't in a long time.

OH! But I would say that I love collecting fairy tale related things! And I love Disney! And I'm super obsessed with everything Broadway!!!
Your Likes (*Give us an array of things here! Types of snacks, TV shows, movies, bands/types of music, art):
I love buying quirky fairy tale related knick-knacks, though they can be hard to find. Or I'll buy nail polish like the Sinful "Snow Me White" even though I know it will be gunky and not a great white, just because of the name, lol! I'm totally that girl.

(Here's a couple of fairy tale things I grabbed really fast lying around!)





I also love things that contain interesting typography or unusual, quirky design. I'm likelier to pick up a mug/shirt/etc if the font is gorgeous. For example, it's why I bought this awesome Mickey mug!




I also like grabbing mugs/travel mugs with fun sayings like:



I don't know that I actually NEED more mugs, but when they're cute, I can't resist!!! I like thermos to go mugs, too, but so many of them break or spill easily!!! I'm always looking for a really good one.

I'm also a Disney fiend. I can't tell you how much Disney stuff I have, lol. Figurines, Pops, mugs, the list is crazy. Belle and Ariel are my favorite girls, though I also love a good Mulan piece! I especially like when there's an "artsy" look, such as when Disney does Designer Doll stationary/mugs/clothing/etc or Art of Ariel/Jasmine/etc. designs. Love the artsy look! 

I love pens to write with, especially ones that write nicely like the uniball signo...gel ink is always so pretty, but doesn't always dry fast, lol! I probably will need some colorful pens for all the letters I'll be writing!




I also collect little ocean-inspired things for my writing office, such as these:



Hmm, I love painting my nails. I don't know that I need anything, though, because I tend to buy colors as the new seasons release before the store sells out, and polish breaks easily in the mail, too. And I don't really do jamberries, though I love doing nail art and am getting into stamping!

For music, let's see...I listen to Broadway A LOT. Like a lot a lot. I will watch shows like Galavant and Crazy Ex Girlfriend just to get my Broadway fix. I try to go to a couple of Broadway shows a year. My favorite shows are Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd, The Last 5 Years, Aida, Hairspray, Hamilton, Rent , Les Mis, Jekyll and Hyde..........

Um, TV. Gosh, I don't watch a lot of TV. I'd rather read! I think the only two shows I'm currently caught up on are Once Upon a Time and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and that's because I watch them when I visit my dad and it's what we do together! I'm slowly making my way through The 100 and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Netflix right now...and I might start re-watching Buffy and Gilmore Girls soon... I used to be SO obsessed with them both... I'm just afraid to try new things because I'm really squeamish. Shows like The 100 and S.H.I.E.L.D. are already gross enough!

Movies...I feel like such a kid. I'll blind-buy all of the Disney movies. Sometimes I'll see them in the theater. Hmm, I also like to buy the superhero movies--mostly Marvel stuff like X-Men and the various Avengers titles and the Spider-man movies. And I love movies that are retellings or musicals, of course!!! I don't normally go to the theater a lot, but I feel I was there a lot last year. I've seen The Huntsman, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Kubo and the Two Strings, Moana and La La Land. That's a lot of theater trips for me!!! So far this year, I know I want to see Beauty and the Beast. And maybe Ballerina/Leap?

For snacks, I love things with peanut butter or cheese! Cheez-Its, Take 5, Nacho Doritos, Reese's, etc.

My favorite colors are purple and silver/gray. I also love blue and green (and aqua!) and the cooler tones of brown (taupes and chocolates, and purpley-browns, etc.)

For costume jewelry, I like fun, quirky fandom type things, as well as cute, pretty things. I buy a lot of my rings and stuff at Kohl's, and a lot of Disney stuff at Hot Topic. For rings, I like adjustable or Size 7. I also prefer silver to gold!
Your Dislikes (*Example: chocolate covered cherries, anything cinnamon flavored, the color brown):

-I don't like tomatoes at all. 
-My phobias are spiders and gore.
-My least favorite colors are the warm tones, like the yellowy-browns and golds, the fire colors (though red/yellow/orange do look pretty TOGETHER), a lot of pink hues, etc.
-I'm not really a fan of horror or scary stuff, lol!
-I'm not really a tea or soda person. I mostly drink coffee or juice or water!
-I don't really enjoy white chocolate. Or peppermint! Or any candy with coconut, since I'm allergic!
-I'm not a fan of blind boxes! I think they often look weird and I don't display them. 
Do you have a favorite store?:

I probably buy most of my stuff at Barnes and Noble or Best Buy/Target.
Are you okay receiving a gift card? If so, to where?

Sure! Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, AMC Theater. I get a lot of gift cards for places like Ulta, Sally's Beauty, Bath and Body, but I sometimes struggle to find things I like because I just have so much!! 
Would you be comfortable receiving baked goods of some kind?

I do like home-baked cookies, especially chocolate chip or peanut butter!
What Do You Splurge On?:

Nail polish and books!! And trips to NYC are definitely a splurge that I can only do once or twice a year, lol!, but Broadway is very worth it to me! (And sometimes I go for author signings, too, lol. Broadway and Books...)
Favorite Flowers:

I adore cherry blossoms!!!! They smell good and they are SO pretty and they remind me of when I lived in Japan and would sit in a park during hanami season and write while taking in the sakura trees!!!

I also love roses thanks to Beauty and the Beast and Sailor Moon, lol! Sunflowers. Daisies. Tiger lilies. A lot of flowers are pretty!
Favorite Color?:

Purple!
Favorite (or least favorite) smells: (*for things such as candles, soaps, bath bombs/bubbles, perfumes)

I like vanilla a lot! And that spicy aroma that comes from some of the fall harvest smells such as pumpkin and gingerbread.

I'm not a huge fan of flowery scents, though I do love Japanese Cherry Blossom. I'm also not a fan of those summer scents from Bath and Body Works that smell like suntan lotion.
Do You Collect Anything?:

Mm, mostly Disney figurines--and mostly Ariel/Belle, but the fancier looking ones like Jim Shore, Enesco, Precious Moments...not swap type stuff! Though I find some cute cheap ones from time to time. But I hate when the faces are weird, lol.

I collect anything that's fairy tale-ish!

I also like cute mermaid things, lol.
Do You Drink Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate?:

Coffee!! Sometimes hot chocolate. Not really a tea girl!
Do You Have an E-reader?:

I have a nook! I read more indie titles and cheap on-sale titles, though, and tend to pick up new releases in hardcover unless there was a previous e-book sale and I have them all that way. I like my books to match. All hardcover, paperback, or ebook, it doesn't matter, so long as they MATCH. ^^;;
Would you be okay being gifted an ebook? If so, please provide the email associated with your e-reader:

Yes. abackwardsstory@gmail.com

I do have a list of some books I'm waiting to see fall in price on my nook. I'll try to add some indie titles I've been eying as well! 

Nooks are nice because if there is a Barnes and Noble near you, you can go to the store and tell them what book you want at the register and get a redemption code! You can even email it to yourself, then send the code separately so the person doesn't know it's coming!
List some of your favorite genres or authors:

FANTASY!!! I LOVE fantasy. If a book is blurbed for fans of Tamora Pierce or Kristin Cashore, I am 100% in. I've discovered authors I love such as Rae Carson and Sherry Thomas this way. High fantasy is definitely my favorite.

I also love books with elemental magic, as well as fairy tales/mythology/other retellings.

Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas, Robin LaFevers, Rick Riordan, Juliet Marillier, and Shannon Hale are also among my favorites.

My favorite novels are MY SISTER'S KEEPER by Jodi Picoult, KEEPING FAITH by Jodi Picoult, ELLA ENCHANTED by Gail Carson Levine, THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern, and GRACELING by Kristin Cashore. Some series I love include Narnia, Philip Pullman's Dark Materials, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and Tamora Pierce's quartets featuring Alanna, Daine, and Kel.
Are there any authors or genres that you won’t read?

I won't read authors who started off writing fanfiction, even if they're popular, such as Cassandra Clare and E.L. James. 

I'm not a huge paranormal fan and tend to not read books with vampires/werewolves/ghosts/etc. The only exception is mermaids. I loooove mermaids! 

I'm not really into horror, either. If a series is older and incomplete, I probably won't read it or buy it until all the books are out. This is mostly for adult fantasy, for series such as A Song of Ice and Fire, The Name of the Wind, Green Rider, Locke Lamora, etc. Because I can't wait 100 million years and then re-read a bunch of long books to remember them every time a new release finally happens.
T-shirt size:

Ummmm, it depends on fit. Usually a L or XL, unless it runs small. I have a larger-than-average bust and need extra fabric. For example, Hot Topic runs small, so I have to buy 2x, their largest size. It's a little snug in the shoulder bust at times, but mostly fits. If I were to go to Hot Topic's plus size store, Torrid, I would get a 0-1 and it would fit nicely, but they don't have a lot of the fun Disney shirts, lol. Places like Kohls and Macy's tend to be L or XL. I also tend to wear a lot of scoop necks because it makes my cleavage seem a little smaller, but I'm not crafty enough to turn a shirt into a scoop neck like the Pinterest people do, and I'm never sure of size, so I'm always afraid to buy online!

Apparently I'm also a 2x at Disney Store now for their tees. I could keep the XL Beauty and the Beast cotton long sleeve, but their tees run a size small. I just bought these for my birthday! Well, I returned Mickey and Minnie for a STUNNING sequined Ariel. But yeah!!



(I totally bought too many since I can't wear them at work, but it was such a good sale, and they were SO cute, and I have very little "ordinary vacation day" clothing, lol!)
Hogwarts House: Um, I don't know? We're doing a team challenge at work with four groups and they have me in Hufflepuff? The last time we did a HP challenge, I was also in Hufflepuff, lol!
Favorite Disney movie and/or princess: My favorite Disney movies are Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan. My favorite princesses are Belle and Ariel!
Any magazine that you wish you had a subscription to?

Not really a big magazine reader!
Anything else we should know about you? (*Be thorough here! There is no such thing as “saying too much,” the more your “secret sister” knows, the easier it is to spoil you!)

Wow, I feel like you probably already know my life story! This list was incredibly thorough. I can add more here as I think of stuff, or questions can be asked to Kelly! I like stuff I don't even know I like, lol. 

Um....I like peacocks and foxes and dolphins and butterflies. I like things with an Asian flare because I lived in Japan for two years. Er...a lot of my interests are on Pinterest? *hides*

Comments